Tuesday 6 March 2012

The Prodigal Son Returns!!

So two years ago, my son decided he wanted to live with his dad... as much as it hurt like hell, I didnt stop him.  I knew he craved the love and closeness of his father and I never would deprive him of that!  So he went.

Now that we are living in our apartment, he's been meaning to come back home, but procrastination has been the order of the day with him.  There's always a reason why he cant come over and start setting up his room.  I kinda grew accustomed to it.  Last Friday he called me and told me he's coming over on the weekend to start painting his room, a promise that I didnt take very seriously as it was something I've heard repeatedly.  But, to my pleasant surprise, he came... he painted and hopefully today, his furniture will arrive and he'll be comfortable.

He's been here since Sunday and it feels so good to have my son in my home again.  I've missed him so much... I've cried, I've begged.. I've spent many nights wishing he was with us... and finally, he's back!!

All is well with the world folks!!

On the other side, I'm still trying this self-employment thing and boy, it is hard to make money when you dont have any to invest!!  I've actually begun thinking about looking for a job again.  I hate having to go back out to a "job" which I may not like, and which I know I will not stay in... but my commitments are still there and I have duties and responsibilities to fulfill... so its back to the drawing board for me!

Have a blessed week folks and stay up... No matter how bad it seems, it can always get better!


No comments:

Post a Comment