Thursday 1 December 2011

Till death do us part!

Looking at the newspaper this morning I saw a pic that jolted my mind a bit. 

There she was, standing by his side, in tears.  The excruciating pain was evident on her face!  He had died.. her soul mate.. her husband of however many years... both of them in their later stage of life!  She was being consoled by his friends of as many or even more, years.  My heart broke for her.  I felt so sad that she'd lost the one person she probably felt like she never wanted to lose.  Standing there, she probably relived so many memories, good time, bad times...  times when she felt like she hated him.. and times when the love was so strong that she couldn't breathe!  My heart went out to this woman, who I may never know!

Looking at the picture, I felt even more sad for me.  I don't know if I will ever have this.  Yes I have a boyfriend  and yes, things are beautiful with us... but who is to say that it will stay that way for a long time.  Who knows how things will turn out?  Will we even make it past three months?  Much more to make a lifetime together?  Will I ever have the opportunity of having a partner "til death do us part"? 

What makes a new love stay?  What makes a new relationship grow?  What keeps a man and a woman together?  Oh, I wish someone could give the answers to these questions!


No comments:

Post a Comment